[Users] New behavior noted

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Jun 30 10:43:39 PDT 2016

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> The containers we're expecting to start on boot are precisely those
> which have "ONBOOT="yes" in their config files. And up until a few
> updates ago, they always started on boot.

I just tried on one of my hosts and I can not duplicate your claim.  Here are the stats on the system I tested from:

vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab116.2.x86_64
vzctl-4.9.4-1.x86_64

Container tested was ploop-based centos-7-x86_64.

I tried the following two ways:

1) Shut down container before reboot.  The container automatically started up after rebooting.

2) Not shutting down the container before reboot.  The container was running after rebooting.

For #2 I see in my /var/log/vzctl.log that it suspended the container prior to reboot and then restored upon boot.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street