[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?

Raghavendra Bhat vu2rgu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:44:11 PDT 2016

spameden posts

>> Please understand me correctly, we don't want to support a variety of all
>> Linux zoo.
>> It requires much more time of development, testing and support.
>
> That's a shame. Another nail in the coffin of OpenVZ.. :(

Sergey as spameden aptly posts, unsupported GNU/Linux should not
happen as Virtuozzo runs on top of many, many different distributions.
At least Parallels OpenVZ Project does.  Try to be as portable as you
can, VZ7 should not get isolated and unused due to your rigid stance.
It might be a nightmare to support various distros but it enhances the
reach of VZ (Virtuozzo).

You have to seriously consider support.  Your product will get rugged
in the process of testing, development and support.

--
Regards
Raghavendra Bhat