[Users] VZ7 Installer software raid

Dmitry Mishin dim at virtuozzo.com
Sun Jul 10 23:09:03 PDT 2016

Hi Volker,

On 09/07/16 00:24, "users-bounces at openvz.org on behalf of Volker Janzen"
<users-bounces at openvz.org on behalf of voja at voja.de> wrote:

>Hi Dmitry,
>
>I think it was a usage error of the installer. I went through the steps
>again. When selecting where to install VZ7, the default preset for two
>discs is disc 1 is used for system and disc 2 is used for data. When you
>accept this, it's not possible to setup software raid, because both discs
>are used.
>
>It's required to deselect disc 2 and choose only disc 1 for system and
>data. As of a LVM setup is used it's not possible to choose the partition
>type RAID instead of LVM. As far as I understand the installer I've to
>setup the RAID in the LVM configuration to select the second disc.
>
>I got a running VZ7 by this but I messed something up with /boot.
>Installer complained system is unbootable, but the boot worked without
>problems.
>
>Is this the default RedHat / CentOS installer? Need to check for a
>documentation.
If you have used automatic partitioning, than we've created /boot
partition and installed boot loader on every selected disk, which could be
a reason of "boot worked without problems". This is our improvement over
default RHEL behaviour. Need to check why the installer complains still.

Thank you,
Dmitry.