[Users] VZ7 Installer software raid

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Fri Jul 8 14:24:04 PDT 2016

Hi Dmitry,

I think it was a usage error of the installer. I went through the steps again. When selecting where to install VZ7, the default preset for two discs is disc 1 is used for system and disc 2 is used for data. When you accept this, it's not possible to setup software raid, because both discs are used.

It's required to deselect disc 2 and choose only disc 1 for system and data. As of a LVM setup is used it's not possible to choose the partition type RAID instead of LVM. As far as I understand the installer I've to setup the RAID in the LVM configuration to select the second disc.

I got a running VZ7 by this but I messed something up with /boot. Installer complained system is unbootable, but the boot worked without problems.

Is this the default RedHat / CentOS installer? Need to check for a documentation.

Regards,
    Volker