[Users] Taking Virtuozzo 7 for a spin

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jan 27 16:37:07 PST 2016

Greetings,

Following the V7 development info today, I decided to give the Beta 3 build a try... and did a fresh install.

The install went great and I gave my V7 host a public IP address.  I don't have any other public IP addresses to play with at the moment so I decided to make a container and give it a 192.168.0.x address.  It is not routing to the outside world yet and I'm not sure what the problem is.

Looking here I see:

# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
1

I tried doing this:
# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.1/24 -o br0 -j SNAT --to {host-ip-address}

But that yields:
iptables v1.4.21: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)

Looking at lsmod's output:
# lsmod | grep nat
iptable_nat            12875  0
nf_nat_ipv4            14115  1 iptable_nat
nf_nat                 26146  1 nf_nat_ipv4
nf_conntrack          105843  4 nf_nat,nf_nat_ipv4,xt_conntrack,nf_conntrack_ipv4
ip_tables              27239  3 iptable_filter,iptable_mangle,iptable_nat

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... and looking in the sizable documentation (http://docs.openvz.org/) has not been fruitful.

Anyone have a clue what I need to do to make it NAT my private container?

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street