[Users] Latest changes in Virtuozzo 7 development 20160127

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Wed Jan 27 07:22:47 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

As usual, I'd like to share with you the latest Virtuozzo 7 development news.

Most importantly, more portions of the Virtuozzo source code were published [0].

In particular, the source code for these Virtuozzo components made by us:
* libprlxmlmodel - Virtuozzo XML Model Library.
* pcompact - Utility for compacting container virtual disks.
* vzmigrate - Virtuozzo migration tool.

And the source code for these Virtuozzo components that are forks of open-source
projects that we've customized:
* kvm_hyperv
* qemu_hyperv

Next, SimFS is almost ready in the RHEL7 kernel, so we're expecting developers
to send out the test request description (TRD) soon.

Also, as you remember we released Beta 2 just before the New Year holidays. That
milestone included working QEMU/KVM virtual machines and other changes. Now it's
time to test Beta 3 builds stashed at OpenVZ download server [2].

Events
======

Earlier in January, we participated in SCALE14x with a talk about speeding up
top and ps. We think this is a worthy read, so check out the presentation slides [3].

This weekend (January 30, 31) we're going to be at FOSDEM, so it would be nice
to see you there. We will have several talks at the Containers and Process
Isolation devroom and, of course, at the OpenVZ booth.

And in February 5-7, we will be having a talk about live migration at DevConf.Cz
in Brno, Czech Republic. We hope you can be there as well!

Links
=====

[0] https://src.openvz.org/
[1] https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/users/2015-December/006672.html
[2] ftp://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/factory/x86_64/iso/
[3] http://www.slideshare.net/openvz/speeding-up-ps-and-top-57448025
[4] https://www.fosdem.org/2016/schedule/track/containers_and_process_isolation/
[5] https://fosdem.org/2016/stands/

Sincerely,