[Users] OVZ 7 beta - capabilities problem in centos 7 container

Konstantin Khorenko khorenko at virtuozzo.com
Wed Jan 20 07:49:41 PST 2016

Hi J,

thank you for the report, and yes, seems it's bug.
i've filed it, so please track it further in

https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-6657

And talking about deprecated "--capability" vzctl option -
this is correct, capabilities should be virtualized, so this option should not be required in Virtuozzo 7.

And your question was - how to troubleshoot it?
The generic way is - to strace the installation, find the syscall which fails,
and check in kernel code what makes it to return an error. :)

Pasha will look into it, track the jira issue.

Thank you again for noticing it!

--
Best regards,

Konstantin Khorenko,