[Users] cannot enter VM VZ7 , qemu-guest-agent. fails

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Mon Aug 29 06:59:56 PDT 2016

Hello

thank you all for your reposonses
indeed I needed to connect to the VM via VNC by setting a VNC password

*# prlctl set MyVM --vnc-mode manual --vnc-port 5901 --vnc-passwd XXXXXXXX*

then I could enter via virt-manager the VM + vnc password just set.
Now I boot the VM via PXE that redirect to our cobbler pxe installer and
the VM gets installed properly
I can mount the Cdrom and install guest tool from there , thanks .

Sorry, but I think the page
https://docs.openvz.org/openvz_users_guide.webhelp/_installing_openvz_guest_tools.html
on chapter 2 => Log in to the virtual machine and do the following:
maybe needs to precise how to "Log in to VM" ! at least a link to
https://docs.openvz.org/openvz_users_guide.webhelp/_enabling_vnc_access_to_virtual_machines.html
+ suggestion to install and use virt-manager would be a good start
(needs also Xauth for X11 forwarding via ssh !)
or give a full example of cloud-init at
https://docs.openvz.org/openvz_users_guide.webhelp/_using_cloud_init_for_virtual_machine_guest_initialization.html

regards