[Users] cannot enter VM VZ7 , qemu-guest-agent. fails

Dmitry Mishin dim at virtuozzo.com
Mon Aug 29 01:05:42 PDT 2016

Hello,

On 28/08/16 20:36, "users-bounces at openvz.org on behalf of Jehan Procaccia"
<users-bounces at openvz.org on behalf of jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu> wrote:

>Le 28/08/2016 14:43, Scott Dowdle a écrit :
>> Greetings,

Where did you get a CentOS 7 image for guest OS? I believe, you use some
image, which was prepared in advance, because otherwise, you're trying to
enter to empty VM.

>so I figured out that I needed to set the root password this way
># prlctl set dhcpntp --userpasswd root:secret
>Operation failed. Failed to execute the operation. (Details: Guest agent
>is not responding: QEMU guest agent is not connected)
>Failed to configure the virtual machine.
You can try to stop it and set password on a stopped VM. This would work
if you have a cloud-init service inside VM.

Thank you,
Dmitry.