[Users] OpenVZ / Virtuozzo 7

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Fri Aug 26 09:37:20 PDT 2016

Hi,

it took me some time to figure this out and I hope to help when sharing the tutorial.

Please note: you should not enable factory.repo entries as I wrote in the tutorial. Set enabled=0 for all entries in this file. For production hosts you don't want this.

Regards
    Volker

> [...]
>>
>> yum update
>>
>> That will import the required GPG key, you have to allow it, when seeing this message:
>>
>> ------
>> warning: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/factory/packages/openvz-logos-70.0.11-1.vz7.noarch.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 44cdad2a: NOKEY
>> Public key for openvz-logos-70.0.11-1.vz7.noarch.rpm is not installed
>> openvz-logos-70.0.11-1.vz7.noarch.rpm                                                                                                                                                                                                                   | 298 kB  00:00:00
>> Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-Virtuozzo-7
>> Importing GPG key 0x44CDAD2A:
>> Userid     : "Virtuozzo Team (GPG key signature for packages) <security at virtuozzo.com>"
>> Fingerprint: c92b bb23 e3c3 1386 6694d5f5 ca0b 7d19 44cd ad2a
>> Package    : 1:vzlinux-release-7-1.vl7.15.x86_64 (@virtuozzolinux-base/7.1.0)
>> From       : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-Virtuozzo-7
>> ------
>>
>> As Pavel said (thank you very much for the hint) we can use yum groups to install all required packages:
>>
>> yum grouplist | grep -i virtuozzo
>>
>> returns in my case:
>>
>>   Virtuozzo
>>   Virtuozzo Containers
>>   Virtuozzo Hypervisor
>>
>> Then install the groups
>>
>> yum groupinstall 'Virtuozzo' 'Virtuozzo Containers' 'Virtuozzo Hypervisor'
>>
>> Finally reboot to run Virtuozzo 7.
>>

>> Regards
>>     Volker
>>

>> Viele Grüße
>>     Volker
>>
>>> Am 24.08.2016 um 11:28 schrieb Pavel Vokhmyanin <pvokhmyanin at virtuozzo.com>:
>>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Good call, Volker!
>>> To my shame I was not aware of vzdeploy script, which, as it seems, was completed just a week ago or so. Taking in account existence of "vzdeploy" - it should be possible.
>>>
>>> In case anyone searches for the script, it can be obtained here:
>>> http://repo.virtuozzo.com/vzlinux/vzdeploy/vzdeploy
>>>
>>> Jurijs,
>>> Regarding the packages installation - I believe you may try installing Virtuozzo  using "yum groups":
>>> # yum grouplist | grep -i virtuozzo
>>>   Virtuozzo
>>>   Virtuozzo Containers
>>>   Virtuozzo High Availability
>>>   Virtuozzo Hypervisor
>>>   Virtuozzo Storage
>>>   etc...
>>>
>>> Note, first you must replace centos packages with virtuozzolinux packages.
>>>
>>> That should be better than cherry-picking packages from the repository.
>>> I'd recommend installing at least "Virtuozzo", "Virtuozzo Containers" and "Virtuozzo Hypervisor", "QEMU".
>>> Note, I've composed the list by briefly checking all available groups, it might be incomplete. And I haven't tested this either.
>>>
>>> Volker, if you can add anything - please do.

>>> 2) Use vzdeploy to convert CentOS7 to Virtuozzo Linux 7
>>> 3) Install yum repo for Virtuozzo 7 (extracted from VZ7 bare metal installer inside of a KVM)
>>> 4) Install packages needed for Virtuozzo 7