[Users] Use vSWAP without Swap?

Henry Spanka henry at myvirtualserver.de
Thu Apr 28 06:46:27 PDT 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. As I already said, we still want to give our customer swap space as vSwap(RAM slowed down). We have set swappiness to 10, 20 out of 64 GB RAM is free but the VPS are swapping to disk. I think only parts are swapped into the RAM and then flushed to swap disk if not accessed anymore. 2 SSDs with RAID 1 are more expensive than adding more RAM, so I thought, just use RAM for Swapping WITHOUT any real swap space. Is this possible, or is swapping(including vSwap) completely disabled when there is no real swap space?

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Henry Spanka | myVirtualserver Development Team