[Users] flashcache

Alexander Kirov akirov at odin.com
Mon Nov 16 04:31:41 PST 2015

Hello,

CT's requirements in I/O depend on an user application. 1 Gbit link is enough to supply up to 100 MB/s I/O in PStorage.
Moreover according our statistic HSPs usually have 10-20 MB/s I/O per node, running tens of containers, because I/O is almost random. So, 1G network should be enough for usual scenarios.
We have many customers with 1G storage backend in production.

BTW, with PStorage you have an additional benefit:
According our statistic 20% of nodes process 80% of I/O in DCs. When you unite disks into one cluster you have better I/O balance.

Thanks,
Alexander Kirov
Odin Virtuozzo Storage, PM
Odin