[Users] SIMFS users

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Fri Jul 24 06:31:00 PDT 2015

On 23.07.2015 3:45, Scott Dowdle wrote:

> vzctl has a compact option that will basically take the free space
> and give it back to the host.  I've used compact a few times but I
> don't use it regularly... so I'm not sure how efficient it is nor
> how good it is at reclaiming 100% of the unused space... but that is
> what it is there for.  Sure, it is an extra step but at least it is
> there.

I use vzctl compact every night via cron, it is partially help,
but I can't continuously run vzctl compact at HN, and wasted space
inside CT will grow every time during day then container is running
and do something useful.

> Regarding using ZFZ zvols and mounting them as XFS (or whatever
> exactly it was you said)... can you install your VM's root filesystem
> using that?

Why not? zvol is block device - it exported by host as block device
and inside VM this block device /dev/vda formatted as XFS filesystem
and used as any other block device, like /dev/sda on hardware node.
(via creating partitions on it, as it done with any other block device)
But this is most useful only for VMs (Linux,Windows,etc) using KVM.

--
Best regards,
  Gena