[Users] SIMFS users

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 22 06:23:44 PDT 2015

Hi Johan,

> I guess containers could be converted, but can the bind mounts be done
> without simfs in a simple way as well?

Regardless if you use simfs or ploop, a VPS or a "real" machine: For
things like that I find fuse-sshfs quite useful. With that you can mount
a remote directory via SSH to a local mountpoint.

Prerequisites:

Both the HN and the VPS from which you mount need fuse-sshfs installed
(dependencies: fuse and fuse-libs). The HN needs to "modprobe fuse" and
the VPS needs this in its VPS config file:

# Fuse:
DEVICES="c:10:229:rw "
DEVNODES="fuse:rw

The syntax for mounting is like this: