[Users] ioacct weirdness?

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Jul 21 14:33:18 PDT 2015

Just one thing -- ioacct accounts on a VFS level, not on actual disk I/O
level.
Also, ioacct accounts all reads and writes, including tmpfs and /proc
and /sys etc.

Say, if you rewrite a file (a real file on disk) a thousand times real
quick, it does not
mean the data will be written to a disk a thousand times -- more
probably just once.

Maybe you want to look into iostat rather than ioacct?

https://openvz.org/IO_statistics