[Users] Beancounter/Accounting file question

Mark Johanson mjohanson at a2hosting.com
Wed Jul 8 13:27:31 PDT 2015

On 07/08, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:

> On 07/08/2015 10:11 AM, Mark Johanson wrote:
> >I was curious when the beancounter/accounting ( /proc/bc ) information is reset?
> >Ie daily, weekly, monthly, only after reboot, since vm creation, etc?
>
> It is reset once a container is down and usage is zero.
>
> >Have one user who appears to have about 532G in writes, which I am pretty sure is not a daily, or a weekly. Perhaps monthly?
>
> Not sure what do you mean by "writes".
>
> >So I am trying to get some tracking on some of our heavy i/o writing users
> >(as well as some other items) and can't find information on how often that information is reset.
> >

> Oh, you probably mean ioacct or iostat. Both are described on the wiki:
>  https://openvz.org/IO_statistics
>  https://openvz.org/IO_accounting
>
> Same as for beancounters, these are reset once CT is stopped.

Yeah was the ioacct file. Knowing the time frame helped greatly, thank you both for the replies.

Now to fix my math as well (bits are not the same as bytes and numbers change very drastically when you use the right one :p ). The above user had slow queries enabled for anything running over 1 second.