[Users] Beancounter/Accounting file question

Mark Johanson mjohanson at a2hosting.com
Wed Jul 8 10:11:19 PDT 2015

I was curious when the beancounter/accounting ( /proc/bc ) information is reset? Ie daily, weekly, monthly, only after reboot, since vm creation, etc?

Have one user who appears to have about 532G in writes, which I am pretty sure is not a daily, or a weekly. Perhaps monthly?

So I am trying to get some tracking on some of our heavy i/o writing users (as well as some other items) and can't find information on how often that information is reset.

Thanks for any assistance.