[Users] Debian Jessie and 'vzctl start $CTID --wait'

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 02:06:13 PST 2015

Hi all

I'm doing some testing with Debian Jessie (8.0) Containers. Debian
Jessie comes with systemd as its default init system. I wonder what is
the correct way to tell vzctl when a container is done starting up. What
was a simple line in /etc/inittab for sysv-init, seems more complex in
systemd. Creating a systemd service unit that touches /.vzfifo is
actually not that difficult. However, I have troubles figuring out how
to make sure vz-init-done.service is started after all other services
have been started.

Has anyone experience with systemd-enabled OpenVZ containers? Are you
using --wait at all?

Cheers
Roman