[Users] prlctl support for qcow2/img images?

Dmitry Mishin dim at virtuozzo.com
Wed Dec 23 23:38:28 PST 2015

It is definitely a bug - feel free to file it at https://bugs.openvz.org

Workaround - please create VM without '-no-hdd' and replace the resulted HDD image by the coreos one.

Thank you,
Dmitry.

From: <users-bounces at openvz.org<mailto:users-bounces at openvz.org>> on behalf of Lee Briggs <lee at brig.gs<mailto:lee at brig.gs>>
Date: Wednesday 23 December 2015 23:06
To: "users at openvz.org<mailto:users at openvz.org>" <users at openvz.org<mailto:users at openvz.org>>
Subject: [Users] prlctl support for qcow2/img images?

I'm trying to create a VM with a qcow2 or img file as the HDD. I tried the following

prlctl create coreos -o linux --no-hdd
Creating the virtual machine...
Generate the VM configuration for centos.
Remove the hdd0 device.
prlctl set coreos --device-add hdd --image coreos1.qcow2
The folder /root/coreos1.qcow2 does not exist. Specify another folder and try again.
Creating hdd0 (+) scsi:0 image='/root/coreos1.qcow2' type='expanded' 65536Mb subtype=virtio-scsi

PrlVmDev_CreateImage: The hard disk image file cannot be created. The virtual hard disk image file named /root/coreos1.qcow2 already exists.
Failed to configure the virtual machine

Is there some trick to this that needs documenting?