[Users] prlctl support for qcow2/img images?

Lee Briggs lee at brig.gs
Wed Dec 23 12:06:54 PST 2015

I'm trying to create a VM with a qcow2 or img file as the HDD. I tried the
following

prlctl create coreos -o linux --no-hdd
Creating the virtual machine...
Generate the VM configuration for centos.
Remove the hdd0 device.
*prlctl set coreos --device-add hdd --image coreos1.qcow2*
The folder /root/coreos1.qcow2 does not exist. Specify another folder and
try again.
Creating hdd0 (+) scsi:0 image='/root/coreos1.qcow2' type='expanded'
65536Mb subtype=virtio-scsi

PrlVmDev_CreateImage: The hard disk image file cannot be created. The
virtual hard disk image file named /root/coreos1.qcow2 already exists.
Failed to configure the virtual machine

Is there some trick to this that needs documenting?