[Users] Kernel 3.10 packages availability

Ola Lundqvist ola at inguza.com
Tue Aug 11 23:19:56 PDT 2015

Hi

Sorry for the delay in answering. I'm not involved in the kernel upload.
I'm maintaining the userland tools, but openvz team builds the kernel so
you have to ask them.

Cheers,

// Ola

PS. Computer meltdown (hard disk failure) was one of the reason why I was
delayed, vacation another.
DS.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 4:58 AM, spameden <spameden at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 07/24/2015 06:38 PM, spameden wrote:
>>
>> I see there is a 3.10 kernel branch here:
>> <https://src.openvz.org/projects/OVZ/repos/vzkernel/browse>
>> https://src.openvz.org/projects/OVZ/repos/vzkernel/browse
>>
>> Is it considered stable?
>>

>> Looks like you missed all the hype about VZ7:
>>     https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/announce/2015-April/000579.html
>>

> Weird, seems I really did miss this announce for some reason.
>

>> In short -- this is beta, and RPM packages are available:
>>     https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/announce/2015-July/000606.html
>>

> Alright, i'll give it a shot, thanks.
>
> I think i have somewhere laying scripts to convert RPM->DEB though not
> sure if kernel will work on Debian 7 without issues.
>

>> As far as I no, currently no DEB packages are planned, but as we are
>> the community we can still make it happen!
>>

> Second that, maybe Ola Lundqvist will help with debian scripts used to
> provide 2.6.32 kernels and other packages automatically built for debian?
>

>> PS please consider subscribing to announce@:
>>

> Yeah, I'm subscribed already, but thanks anyways!

/  ola at inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal at debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /