[Users] Show stopper while trying out Openvz 7 beta 1

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Aug 3 12:15:25 PDT 2015

On 08/03/2015 02:34 AM, Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
> Hi
>
> yes, because Virtuozzo doesn't use precreated OpenVZ templates.
> Proper way is:
> - install required template via yum (CentOS 6 x86_64 installed by default)
> - run something like: prlctl create 100 --ostemplate centos-6-x86_64 --vmtype=ct
> prlctl will create cache and then create container

As far as I know, vzctl create (as well as prlctl create) should trigger
template metadata installation and "vzpkg create cache". It's not happening,
so looks like a bug.

Just in case -- if I'm wrong and vzctl is not able to trigger template
metadata
installation and cache creation, the error message should be more
clear.