[Users] Ploop Incremental backups strategy

Simon Barrett sgbarrett at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:22:54 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Is there any reason why I should not create snapshot a ploop-backed
container each day (or hour, for that matter) then merge all outstanding
snapshots at the end of the week (vzctl snapshot-delete) and compact it?
This would allow me to do efficient incremental backups to back up (using
bacula, in this case) and I would imagine it's a core use case.

Are there any potential risks to be aware of (performance issues, storage
usage, corruption exposure)?

Regards,

Simon