[Users] backup ploop

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Sep 11 16:33:20 PDT 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> How to backup ploop CT's using and not using snapshots if
>
> 1) I do not need the state of running processes, only files
> 2) But I have mysql on some CTs and some files can be broken if they are
> not synced/closed
> 3) Backup must be without downtime, I can't stop CT && make backup && run CT

I used the backup script on the wiki but rather than doing a .tar.gz I just rsync it to another directory on the host.  The state of running processes is not saved (I don't think) and there really isn't any downtime.  When the backup is done, it merges the snapshot back... so the system you get is newer than your backup but only with the stuff that changed since the backup.

https://wiki.openvz.org/Ploop/Backup

So use the stuff there as a sample.

TYL,
--