[Users] Live Migration Optimal execution

Nipun Arora nipunarora2512 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 09:09:29 PST 2014

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest what is the most optimal way to do
the following

1. Can anyone clarify if ploop is the best layout for minimum suspend time
during live migration?

2. I tried migrating a ploop device where I increased the --diskspace to
5G, and found that the suspend time taken by live migration increased to 57
seconds (mainly undump and restore increased)... whereas a 2G diskspace was
taking 2-3 seconds suspend time... Is this expected?

3. I tried running a write intensive workload, and found that beyond
100-150Kbps, the suspend time during live migration rapidly increased? Is
this an expected trend?

I am using vzctl 4.7, and ploop 1.11 in centos 6.5

Thanks
Nipun