[Users] Cloud Storage for OpenVZ Containers

Kirill Korotaev dev at parallels.com
Tue Jan 28 02:55:50 PST 2014

>> On 25 Jan 2014, at 07:38, Rene C. openvz at dokbua.com wrote:
>>

> Hi,
>
> I read the website about the cloud storage and I found some words, which seems familiar for me.
>
> May I ask, which filesystem do you use to be able to regularly scrub and self-heal the filesystem?
>
> Personaly I use zfsonlinux in production for a long time now and I am very satisfied with it, and based on your description, it seems you should use something like that and something on top of the native filesystem to get a cloud storage.
>
> Or you use a ceph or alike "filesystem", which has similar capabilities with cloud features.

It’s more like a ceph. Data is stored in a distributed way, so unlike to zfs you have access to the data even in case of node failure (crash, CPU/memory fault etc.) and access is available from ANY cluster node.
As such we store the data and maintain checksums on every node and can do periodic scrubbing of the data.

Thanks,
Kirill