[Users] "No ploop support" message on Centos 5 with vzctl 4.7

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Mon Apr 28 05:09:38 PDT 2014

Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> writes:

[...]

> So, unless you are doing something like 2>&1 when calling vzlist, this bug
> is not affecting you, thus not "breaking half of the scripts". If you
> do 2>&1,
> this is the wrong thing to do and you should fix (half of?) your
> scripts.

Well, I guess it depends on how do you define breakage. In my
environment, output on stderr when there are no actual errors
causes a lot of monitoring alerts, emails from cron and whatnot, and I
consider that a breakage.

> Nevertheless, I will fix it in 4.7.1 (not sure about the timing though).
> Sorry for the trouble.

No problem, it wasn't really a complaint, you missed a smiley ;)

--
Ti si arogantan, prepotentan i peglaš vlastitu frustraciju. -- Ivan
Tišljar, hr.comp.os.linux