[Users] "No ploop support" message on Centos 5 with vzctl 4.7

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Fri Apr 25 10:46:14 PDT 2014

On 04/25/2014 04:55 AM, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> On 04/25/2014 01:55 AM, Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
>> Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>> https://bugzilla.openvz.org/2952
>>>
>> Thanks, thought as much, but can't really google it since the error in
>> that bug report is worded differently.
>>
>>> This message is harmless (although it's a slight hint you might want
>> Yeah, we really appreciate slight hints that break half of the scripts
>> we scripted around vzlist, but I guess you get what you paid for ;)
>
> I thought this message is printed to stderr not stdout. Or am I wrong?

I took a tea break to check it myself, because if it is the way you
reported it is,
the bug is much more severe than I thought.

Here are the results:

[root at ce6 ~]# vzlist -a -o ctid,layout
Can't load ploop library: libploop.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
Please install ploop packages!
       CTID LAYOUT
        101 simfs
        102 ploop

[root at ce6 ~]# vzlist -a -o ctid,layout 2>/dev/null
       CTID LAYOUT
        101 simfs
        102 ploop

(checked with json output as well, same results -- errors go to stderr)

So, unless you are doing something like 2>&1 when calling vzlist, this bug
is not affecting you, thus not "breaking half of the scripts". If you do
2>&1,
this is the wrong thing to do and you should fix (half of?) your scripts.

Nevertheless, I will fix it in 4.7.1 (not sure about the timing though).
Sorry for the trouble.