[Users] "No ploop support" message on Centos 5 with vzctl 4.7

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Fri Apr 25 01:55:32 PDT 2014

Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> writes:

[...]

>> This is a subject of bug #2592 (and a number of its duplicates):
> https://bugzilla.openvz.org/2952

Thanks, thought as much, but can't really google it since the error in
that bug report is worded differently.

> This message is harmless (although it's a slight hint you might want

Yeah, we really appreciate slight hints that break half of the scripts
we scripted around vzlist, but I guess you get what you paid for ;)

> to upgrade to more recent and decent RHEL6-based kernel).

I've actually done that (i.e. replaced only the kernel while userland
remained EL5) and it worked quite OK, my only worry now is, since I also
need KVM, whether the qemu-kvm from EL5 will work with kernel modules
from EL6 kernel.