[Users] "No ploop support" message on Centos 5 with vzctl 4.7

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Thu Apr 24 10:41:43 PDT 2014

On 04/24/2014 07:34 AM, Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Centos 5.10 with 2.6.18-371.6.1.el5.028stab112.3 and
> recently upgraded to vzctl 4.7
>
> Now every time I start vz or do a vzlist I get a
>
> No ploop support in the kernel, or kernel is way too old.
> Make sure you have OpenVZ kernel 042stab058.7 or later running,
> and kernel ploop modules loaded.
>
> Other than that I haven't noticed anything wrong.
>
> What does this message exactly mean? What can I expect to fail? Can the
> message be turned off somehow?

This is a subject of bug #2592 (and a number of its duplicates):
https://bugzilla.openvz.org/2952

This message is harmless (although it's a slight hint you might want to
upgrade
to more recent and decent RHEL6-based kernel).

It is already fixed in git, and will be available in next vzctl update
(I guess 4.7.1)