[Users] CentOS varients... how about an OpenVZ one?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Apr 3 11:12:47 PDT 2014

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> It will be nice to have some special attention in CentOS community,
> but what exactly will be the purpose of that group?
>
> What will be the difference from stock CentOS?
>
> Currently is kernel + tools.
>
> Is it worted to do special re-spin just for that?

Yep.  That takes the pain out of installing OpenVZ on CentOS... if the install media already has it installed.... not that installing OpenVZ on CentOS was that hard.

> As for support I rarely visited IRC, but on the forum most of support
> requests were from CT users experiencing limitations imposed by
> Hosting provider.
> There is no way this could be fixed from CentOS devs - they simply do
> not have control over server.
> Neither the user.

Just because users run into resource shortages on budget / underpowered containers from hosting providers... and can't be helped... doesn't mean a CentOS spin with OpenVZ pre-installed isn't useful.  It saves at least 10 minutes.

I'm on the #openvz channel during business hours MST... and I see a lot of questions unrelated to the one you mentioned.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street