[Users] OpenVZ Ploop Backup and Restore: vzpbackup / vzprestore

Andreas Faerber openvz at maeh.org
Thu Oct 10 13:41:15 PDT 2013

Greetings everyone,

it took me a while and finally i made it.. ;-) I have added the option
to switch to and delete the snapshot that was created during backup.
However, if you do that, you lose the suspended state of the container
as the memory dump will be lost if the container is not running when you
do the switch (or) delete. Is that correct or a misunderstanding on my side?

When restoring the container without switch & delete of the snapshot,
start it up it comes up in exactly the state it was backed up (with the
memory restored). If i then delete the snapshot (without switching to
it), everything is where it was backed up. Switching to it would also do
it but it looks like it automatically does that when restoring a
suspended container?

Am i mistaken here or is my interpretation correct?

Regards,
Andreas