[Users] disk usage exceeds quota

Maoke fibrib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 21:07:10 EDT 2013

hi Kir,

thanks a lot for the hint. however, in our cases, we didn't put anything in
the user's container. is it possible for a user to bypass vzquota through
writing files in /vz/private directly? on the other hand, once we restart
the container, the disk utilization gets down. is it possible that an
unclosed but removed file eats out the storage, at large off the quota
control? we doubt it is possible but we cannot replay it: when we dd a
file, suspending the process, rm the file and fg the process again, the
quota for the test container soon plays the role.

any further idea?

thanks and regards,
maoke