[Users] 'alienated' OpenVZ

Joseph Hauptmann joseph.hauptmann at digiconcept.net
Mon Feb 25 06:07:45 EST 2013

Hi,

unfortunately that does not seem to be true for Ubuntu 10.04 as the
version of libcgroup1 available is 0.34 whereas vzctl apparently needs
at least version 0.35:

vzlist
vzlist: /usr/lib/libcgroup.so.1: version `CGROUP_0.35' not found
(required by /usr/lib/libvzctl-4.1.2.so)

So i've started using the official libcgroup1_0.37.1-1ubuntu10 package
from Ubuntu 12.04 for my 10.04 installation which doesn't result in the
permanent post-install error and has no dependencies.

I will amend the wiki entry
http://wiki.openvz.org/Install_kernel_from_RPM_on_Ubuntu_10.04.

Greetings and thanks for the advice,
Joseph

Am 22.02.2013 17:35, schrieb Simon Boulet:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Joseph Hauptmann
> <joseph.hauptmann at digiconcept.net
> <mailto:joseph.hauptmann at digiconcept.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi OpenVZ- community,
>
>     unitl recently there were almost no problems to be expected when using
>     OpenVZ and it's tools on a debian/ubuntu platform, as converted rpm's
>     could be installed without hesitation.
>     That however doesn't seem to be true anymore as libcgroup can be
>     installed but not without an error:
>

> I'm using the official libcgroup1 package and running the latest
> OpenVZ kernel and tools on Debian Squeeze, without problems.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&searchon=names&keywords=libcgroup
>
> I don't think you need to alien the OpenVZ libcgroup RPM.
>
> Simon

Joseph Hauptmann

/digiconcept/ - GmbH.
1080 Wien