[Users] OpenVZ on Power?

Guido Stepken gstepken at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:35:40 EST 2012

Am 01.03.2012 18:06, schrieb Kirill Korotaev:
> 1. It should be pretty easy to make OpenVZ compilable/running on PowerPC. Typically it takes a day or so in the worst case since there is almost no code depending on platform, except for maybe syscalls and it's numbers.
>
> 2. However, checkpoint restart is not supported on PowerPC platform (originally we supported x32/x86-64 and IA64 platforms, then dropped IA64). Again, it should be pretty straightforward as 95% of state is not platform dependent. However, nobody really asked before...
>
> Thanks,
> Kirill

Hi Kirill!

You have been doing great, great job since OpenVZ, since many, many,
many providers used it (secretly). Also with Parallels, your commercial
"line" ...

But i really, really suggest, that you to migrate to Linux 3.2 AND
FreeBSD 9.0 "jails" very soon, since FreeBSD has much much advanced,
decicive features, compared to Linux: ZFS, rockstable, even under
highest overloads (50x overload you can still login), and you offer
migration paths from Linux to FreeBSD for Parallels AND FreeBSD/OpenVZ

Tnx in advance, keep up the good work!

Guido Stepken