[Users] OpenVZ on Power?

Kirill Korotaev dev at parallels.com
Thu Mar 1 12:06:07 EST 2012

1. It should be pretty easy to make OpenVZ compilable/running on PowerPC. Typically it takes a day or so in the worst case since there is almost no code depending on platform, except for maybe syscalls and it's numbers.

2. However, checkpoint restart is not supported on PowerPC platform (originally we supported x32/x86-64 and IA64 platforms, then dropped IA64). Again, it should be pretty straightforward as 95% of state is not platform dependent. However, nobody really asked before...

Thanks,
Kirill