[Users] CT freeze on chkpnt --suspend operation, need advice, nothing can't kill it

Stoyan Stoyanov s.stoianov at maxtelecom.bg
Mon Mar 19 13:01:25 EDT 2012

Hi All,

  everyday in daily cron, I make vzbackup on running VMs, ok. in the
usual way with suspend,rsync,resume,etc.. BUT from time to time in a
'random' way one of the containers freeze on the vzctl chkpnt VEID --
suspend. With free I mean absolutely :), so the container is unstopble
(with the timeout).
of course it's locked, so need to remove the lock, and then test to
stop, but it timeouts..
ok let me be more brief:
vzctl stop vid -> timeout
vzctl chkpnt vid --kill -> Can not join cpt context 0: (may be becuse
of lock file)
the vm in the container is aboslutely unaccessible, no ip access, no
services(in vm) access.
when try to force kill of the all process on that vm.., they can not
be killed :), I mean no one of them can not be kill -9 processname,

They only way is to restart the node, but it must be reset from the
button, cuz it timeout the vzctl start-stop process :):)

So , is this happen to someone of you, or did you need some particular
detail that I can provide for the purpose of investigation.??

Stoyan Stoyanov
Core System Administrator