[Users] iptables LOG

massimiliano.sciabica at kiiama.com massimiliano.sciabica at kiiama.com
Mon Mar 19 05:59:05 EDT 2012

Hello,
I have loaded the necessary modules in CT0 (debian) and implemented a
set of iptables rules in CT150 (Centos5.7).
I added a LOG before the DROP rule in order to be informed of packet
being dropped: the rule is being matched, but I can't find any log in
/var/log/messages.

I'm not sure wether the TCP stack is in CT150 or in CT0 (I would say in
CT0, as it is kernel code), but I'm quite sure that iptables logs come
from kernel.
How can I get those logs directly in CT150?
I tried the ULOG target instead of LOG, but I'm hitting the same
problem. Would adding NET_ADMIN capability help?

Thanks