[Users] where are vm

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Mar 13 13:45:22 EDT 2012

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> yes i find in vz/private/(id of your computer)
> but there this folder too i think vz/root/(id of your computer)
> but maybe there is more folder ...
> i find this folder too
> var/lib/vz/private/(id of your computer)
>
> so i don t really know if there are 3 folder or more or if they
> aren't all needed

/vz/private/{ctid}/ is the permanent home for the container filesystem.

/vz/root/{ctid}/ contents are there when the container is running.

Debian likes to put things under /var/lib/vz/ and I think they just make /vz/ a symlink to it.

A container = 1) It's config file (/etc/vz/conf/{ctid}.conf) and it's filesystem /vz/private/{ctid}.  There is also a quota file in /var/vzquota/quota.{ctid}.  These locations may vary from distro to distro as previously mentioned.

Kir announced ploop 1.0 today... but the kernel and tools aren't available quite yet... but coming soon... for those who want to put a container on a disk image file.  See this wiki page and the PDF of the presentation about ploop: http://wiki.openvz.org/Ploop

ploop will be an addition and not replace what we have now... it'll be an option for those who want it.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street