[Users] Ulogd + iptables configuration

ggw at unixservice.com ggw at unixservice.com
Sat Mar 10 21:52:36 EST 2012

On 3/10/2012 8:46 PM, Onur R. Bingol wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure a Debian 6 container. In this container, I want
> all iptables logs to be written in a MySQL DB. To achieve this, I am
> using ulogd and ulogd-mysql packages on the container.
>
> On the HW node, which is a CentOS 5 machine, I enabled ipt_ULOG module
> according to the OpenVZ User's Guide (i.e. by adding ipt_ULOG to
> /etc/sysconfig(iptables-config file, and rebooting). I also added
> ipt_ULOG to the container's configuration file and rebooted the
> container. However, I am getting a warning like "ipt_ULOG not found,
> skipping" while rebooting the container. As a result, I cannot install
> ulogd and ulogd-mysql to the container due to errors about ipt_ULOG module.
>
> Are there any ideas to fix this issue?

Onur,

You need to start by including the modules in the host node
/etc/vz/vz.conf file iptables kernel module configuration line. Here is
a sample line:

## IPv4 iptables kernel modules
IPTABLES="ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter
iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length"

Then you need to restart vz for the changes to take effect.

Cheers,
Gary Wallis