[Users] vswap question - physpages/oomguarpages

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue Jun 26 15:16:25 EDT 2012

On 06/21/2012 08:44 AM, Rene C. wrote:
> A second thing is, when I tried to raise the physpages value with
> vzctl it again wrote the old "block" values into the vz conf files, i.e.
>
> i.e. before running vzctl the values are like this:
> < PHYSPAGES="0:512M"
> < SWAPPAGES="0:1024M"
>
> after running vzctl --set 1413 --save --ram 512M --swap 1G the values
> are like this:
> > PHYSPAGES="0:131072"
> > SWAPPAGES="0:262144"
>
> I already opened a bug report on this and I though it had been fixed
> already.

A bug report is a bug report. It have status, and whenever something
about the bug changes, it is usually reflected in the bug report.

>  Is there some undocumented flag that needs to be provided to vzctl to
> get it to write out the values in the easy human readable format?

I have replied in that bug report. vzctl was never doing this (ie it was
always saving parameters in simple numeric form, without any suffixes).
More to day, doing it right requires non-trivial changes, so I set this
bug severity to be enhancement.