[Users] broken precreated templates

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sat Jan 7 14:50:32 EST 2012

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> It appears that on normal SL6 install the /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron
> is 755, while inside my template it was 644.
> That's the problem. All hourly runs were dry runs, hence no daily
> runs, no logrotates, et cetera.
>
> I've downloaded the original scientific-6-x86_64 template from the
> website and checked it. It has that problem. Out of curiosity I've
> checked the centos-6-x86_64 template -- it has that problem too.

I can confirm this to be the case although I wouldn't use the word "disaster" nor "shit"... but to each his own.

I have a container made from an earlier official OS template release and the file in question is 755 where the current OS template shows:

[root at sl6test32 /]# ls -lha /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 424 Mar 26  2011 /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron

[root at sl6test32 /]# rpm -qf /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron
cronie-anacron-1.4.4-7.el6.i686

[root at sl6test32 /]# rpm -V cronie-anacron-1.4.4-7.el6.i686
.M.......    /etc/cron.hourly/0anacron

Luckily it is an easy problem to find and fix.  Thanks for reporting the bug.  I await an updated OS Template.  To the best of my knowledge, the issue isn't present in the my contributed SL OS Templates.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street