[Users] CT console feature

Tim Small tim at seoss.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 03:40:39 EST 2012

On 23/02/12 17:12, Kirill Kolyshkin wrote:
> Using ~. would be problematic since it interferes with e.g. ssh.

Hmm, on reflection, I can see "ESC ." possibly causing accidental
escapes when using vi?  A reasonably common vi sequence is to insert a
body of text, and then repeat that insert.  Wouldn't it be better to
make the escape ~ as-standard, and allow changing to escape too?  I
can't think of a time when I've accidentally triggered the ~ sequence in
ssh...

> Patches to allow changing escape sequence and to only recognise it after a newline are welcome.

I'd be willing to contribute such a patch, but I have no spare time for
the next few months (I'm putting an extra storey on my house, and I
don't have much of a roof at the moment - so that's priority A1 for the
foreseeable).

Cheers,

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.