[Users] CT console feature

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Thu Feb 23 16:15:35 EST 2012

Kir,

Thanks for your work on this!

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:38:46AM +0400, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> See, the problem here is you usually access your node through ssh, and
> if we will use the same sequence than ssh will close.

Not necessarily.  The person will need to type ~~. (or ~~~., etc.) to
get to the desired nesting level.  This is already the case with ssh in
ssh (which is usually a bad idea for security reasons, but still), as
well as with certain other tools in a ssh session.

> Having said that, I welcome patches that
> - make accept the sequence only after a newline

Isn't this the same as making the sequence "<newline> ESC ." (or
"<newline> ~ .")?

> - make an option and/or config parameter to change Esc to something else

Sounds like a fine feature.

Alexander