[Users] Building a custom container

Brad Alexander storm16 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:41:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

I know this is a pretty basic question, but could someone point me in
the right direction to set up a custom container? I want to set up
OSSIM 4.0 as a virtual machine. As there are no OpenVZ VMs available
that I know of, I would like to set one up. I'm running Proxmox VE
2.0, but my hardware, while 64 bit, does not have the virtualization
extensions to allow me to run KVM, so I would like to set up an OpenVZ
container to run it. Would the best approach be to build it on
something like VirtualBox then convert it, or is there a more
straightforward way to go directly from the OSSIM iso image to a
container?

Thanks,
--b