[Users] Run From Backup - pty issue

Massimiliano massimiliano.sciabica at kiiama.com
Tue Apr 10 18:41:19 EDT 2012

Hello,
I think it may have something to do with udev. Device files are created
at boot time (you can see  a message "waiting for /dev to be fully
populated" when a phisical computer starts) but this is useless in a VE
context.
Check that udev is not being started at boot (does not hurt, but it's
useless) and add /sbin/MAKEDEV tty
/sbin/MAKEDEV pty

in the rc.sysinit file of the VE.
This was explained here: http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=34305