[Users] openvz ploop images on moosefs mount

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Mon Apr 2 14:23:32 EDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 03:56 PM, Corin Langosch wrote:
> Hi Kir,
>
> Am 01.04.2012 14:11, schrieb Kir Kolyshkin:
>>
>> Ploop developers are now working on fuse I/O module for ploop (and
>> fuse improvements required for it). When this work will be ready, you
>> might revisit this issue and see what is required from moosefs to be
>> used for ploop.
>
> Sounds great. Can you please point me to the current git repo of the
> kernel stuff? The kernel stuff at http://git.openvz.org/ seems to be
> outdated and I couldn't find the new address.

Since we haven't yet tried to push ploop upstream yet its git repo is
not available (and internally we use something like stgit but based on
CVS and lots of shell code and *.patch files).

>> Yes it's pretty possible, with some minor modifications to vzctl. I
>> need to think a bit more about it, but it looks like a trivial case
>> (no vzquota etc). Let me know if you want to work on that.
>
> Yes I could try, but I cannot guarentee how much time I can invest.
> Please let me know how to proceed if anything special is needed.
> Otherwise I'd just clone the git repo and send you the patch when
> finished. Or I'd clone the repo at github and create a new branch for
> the feature?

A patch (or, better, a patchset) is fine.

I suggest you start with using --layout option, introduce a new CT
layout (say 'device'... can't think of any good name right now) and
patch the mount/umount code to support it. VE_PRIVATE can be a block
device name in that case I guess, VE_ROOT remains the same (ie mount point).