[Users] /var/lock/subsys directory missing on openvz debian squeeze

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Thu Sep 29 08:46:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using openvz kernel on debian squeeze, when I do an
/etc/init.d/vz start, I got some errors poping up:

12:38 root at abcde /var/lib/vz/lock# /etc/init.d/vz start
/etc/init.d/vz: line 347: /var/lock/subsys/vz_lock.6315: No such file
or directory
Can't write to /var/lock/subsys/vz_lock.6315
cat: /var/lock/subsys/vz_lock: No such file or directory
/etc/init.d/vz: line 362: /var/lock/subsys/vz_lock: No such file or directory
Starting OpenVZ: ..done
Bringing up interface venet0: ..done
Starting CT 40042237: ..done
touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/vz': No such file or directory

I just created the missing dir:

mkdir -p /var/lock/subsys

And it worked again.

Any debian guys on the list?

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-4148403