[Users] Ubuntu 10.04 template issue

Lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de Lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Sep 29 03:19:30 EDT 2011

Zitat von Mark Johanson <mjohanson at a2hosting.com>:

> Having a weird issue with Ubuntu 10.04 templates that started this week.
> A newly created template (or existing templates) work just fine until
> the following is done:
>
> apt-get upgrade
>
> After doing a upgrade (which consists of 13 updates) nothing in the
> template outside of init will start up. I'm wondering if anyone else has
> had a issue with 10.04 recently, or has seen this issue before.
>
> Upon VPS creation everything is started fine and you can ping out of the
> VPS:

We had the same problem recently. After upgrade the network in the
Container does not start anymore. Stop the VPS and alter the following
file inside the VPS

/etc/init/networking.conf

Change

start on (local-filesystems and stopped udevtrigger)

to something like this

start on (local-filesystems)

The reason is there is no udev inside the VPS.

Regards

Andreas