[Users] Re: vzmigrate standby mode

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Mon May 16 08:58:47 EDT 2011

Hello,

	Standby mode is working fine, I defined 2 scripts
	"vzstandby" and "vzonair". I tested with one
	VPS with a postgresql database application, sampling data
	every minute and reporting via a web interface.
	It is "funny" (but expected) to see last data
	sampling vanishing from web page, when stopping
	production VPS and "vzonair" backup VPS,
	beside the system appearing just dropped in time,
	everything seems to be working as usual.

	The backup process suspend time was the most critical
	to me. Test show, while the whole backup process can
	be up to one minute long, the suspend time is less than
	a second, which is quite acceptable.
	vzstandby generate a standby VPS without quota, as
	dumping quota seems to be "suspend time" expensive.
	IMHO, to have a backup VPS working without quota
	is not a real issue.
	(quota can be restarted, when restarting the backup
	 VPS at a more convenient time).

	I can provide vzstandby and vzonair to list if
	some of us think it could be of interest.
	(sure there is space for improvements...).

--
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                   Internet: jmp at safe.ca